Friday, August 17, 2007

So, where am I at the moment?

Shit Towne, that's where...

Yes, I was by now supposed to be sitting in Dubai airport waiting for my connecting flight to Riyadh, but all things being typically Arabian (as my father predicted), my visa application wasn't processed in time.

What is it with these people that they want Western experience and assistance, but they're not prepared to put in the extra little bit of effort to make it happen? Do they always want to be known for being slackers, like Africa is known for its notoriety in affairs criminal? Don't they want a better and easier life for themselves?

I'm not saying that I'm going to make a world of difference to the Arabian population. On the contrary, I'm supposed to be making things a little easier for some technician in the Ministry of the Interior that, if his systems go down (which will affect his airport, borders, visa applications, and all other interior ministry stuff) then the rest of his Arabian world will not be affected (too seriously).

But do you think that would affect the way my visa application is being handled? Would it fuck. Apparently, the reason for my application taking so long, is that Hajj comes up in about three months time and there are already thousands of applications being submitted.

So, instead, I'm flying out on Monday night, same time, same flight number. My visa application agent assures me that my visa will be ready today around 10am...we'll see.

On the positive side of things, this gives me opportunity to help Steph over the weekend in sorting out her late dad's stuff which she would otherwise have been doing in conjunction with her sister.

I'll keep you posted as to what happens...

No comments: