Friday, July 20, 2007

Well, I'm leaving on a Jet Plane...

don't know when I'll be back again"

Or at least that's how the old John Denver song goes, but I know when I'll be back. On the 4th August, I'm off to Charleston for a week or so, for a bit of education and a team building meeting with my new "Geet" team mates. I'll be back in Shit Towne on the morning of the 11th.

Now, compare this to the team building we had a couple of weeks ago and it's easy to see that these guys in the States do things a little differently to the local bunch of clowns. The team is coming in from all over the world as some of us are on projects in the Middle East, Far East and Europe, as well as the US itself.

And the best part of it all? I'm travelling Business Class...fuck this "cattle class" nonsense. We have a blanket approval in the Geet that, for any flight over 8hrs in duration, we travel Business Class.

If you look closely at the photo below, use a bit of imagination, you'll see me waving from Seat 7A...knowing my luck, right next to the sweating towel-head mumbling "Allah uAkhbar" to himself over and over (What's that bulge in your breast pocket there, Mo? Kinda small for a bomb, isn't it?).


And just to rub it in a bit more, here's where we'll be staying for the duration...

Charleston Harbour Resort & Marina

6 comments:

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

"Allah uAkhbar" - loosly translated this means " Allah rapes 9 yr old girls!"

Have a great trip.
Salagatle!

Fishman said...

Flying SAA? Seat 7A might be stolen or damaged! What about seat 6A?

Jeannine said...

Have fun! I've never been to Charleston, even though I went to university only two hours away in Columbia, SC. I always liked South Carolina.

Anonymous said...

..looks smashing mate, you have a wonderful time and with any luck the seat next to you might just be empty!

david santos said...

Thanks for you work, is very good

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

David Santos also visited my site - where did he come from? Was he pointed in our direction?
Salagatle!