Thursday, July 05, 2007

Ok, so Now I'm officially part of the Global Team...

what's changed? So far, absolutely fuckall, that's what.

I'm still doing most of my work for the local guys (not that I mind too much, as they're over-worked and my leaving the team didn't help) and, for the GT, I've QA'd a document that was scheduled to go to SAA. South African Airways? No, actually it was Saudi Arabian Airways...we almost fucked up, but luckily cleared it up before the document went out...

So what's next on the agenda for the GT? I'm not sure, but I hope to be doing some training on new offerings, legislations, and so on. I guess it'll depend on how much I still have to do for the local guys.

Tomorrow, there's a "Team Building" session with the old team, but management has set the wrong expectation for the session, I believe. A Team Building session is supposed to be fun and we're actually getting together to talk about ways to improve the attitude of the team. Me, I want to change it into a bitching session. Not because I'm no longer a direct part of the team, but because it has to be done, otherwise the problems will never surface and get sorted out, and the team will lose a whole lot more people unnecessarily, due to an incompetent manager (in this case, a real "damager"). Without airing (too many) personal reasons, the same damager was the final reason I joined the GT.

Watch this space for the results...

2 comments:

Dx said...

I always thought it was mandatory to bitch at team meetings, with the only option being to dig holes for other team members. Good luck. Take some shit with you.

Fishman said...

Just go and drink somewhere else while they have the team building/breaking session!cz