Thursday, July 21, 2005

Oops, I did it again...

another Action Cricket night to remember (I think). Staggered in at 02h00, or thereabouts, after self-inflicted overindulgence at the weekly match. As I got into bed, I remember thinking to myself to remember the rib that got whacked with a ball at superfast pace, but for some strange reason or other that was the last thought in my mind as I sprang out of bed to get ready to come into the office for an all day workshop. Fuckin' hell... I can't cough, burp, laugh (not that a hangover this size is a laughing matter) or do anything that involves sudden movement on the left side of my body, as the aforementioned rib keeps saying "Oi, fucker, remember me?" It feels like I've been playing rugby, on my lonesome, against the entire All Black pack instead of a nice gentlemanly game of action cricket where no-one is supposed to get hurt, except in the name of competition drinking. I think I'm going to beg off this workshop, lest I end up hurling all over my keyboard.

No comments: