Friday, July 08, 2005

In the aftermath...

of the London bombings I, as so many will, condemn these cowardly acts in the strongest means possible to me. It got me thinking of a conversation Cuzzin Ross and I had while he was here on holiday recently, where we were briefly debating the difference between terrorist and freedom fighter. Last night I came up with an answer...my answer... A freedom fighter believes in a cause and fights for it on his/her OWN territory (land, country, whatever). A terrorist, on the other hand, takes that same "cause" to SOMEONE ELSE'S territory, causing death and destruction in a land that does not belong to him, in which he has no rights whatsoever. Yes, there will be arguments from the fundamentalists that what the USA, UK and their allies are doing in Iraq and Afghanistan amount to terrorism but, I believe, the war against those forces should be fought in those countries. How many of their own kind have these "freedom fighters" injured or killed? Leave the innocent, peace-loving, public alone.....bastards...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steven,how true your comments are, hadn't thought of it that way, but up the freedom fighters every time.

P.