Thursday, July 14, 2005

If I'd known how thirsty I would be today...

I would have drunk more last night. Action Cricket is not healthy for you, particularly for your liver. Something which has always puzzled Steph is how come I always get home anything between 23h00 and 04h00, if a game starts at 17h20 and lasts only just over an hour? Quite a simple answer really. After a punishing game of running around an enclosed arena, trying to hit, bowl, catch or avoid being hit by a fast-moving ball, the only part of your body that doesn't feel any pain is the liver. And for that, it must be punished. After all, why should it be the only part of you that doesn't hurt? It is evil... So to bring it up to similar pain levels as the rest of one's body, copious amounts of alcohol, in many forms and colours, are drunk. Hence, the entire body feels sore the following morning...{groan}...and is the reason for my thirst today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought that after your week in Dublin and Edinburgh you'd be staying sober for a year to let your body recover.

Makes me proud to see you giving it large.

Divemaster GranDad said...

I thought that too...then the Action Cricket started again....

And then I went out and did it for a second night in a row...see the next blog.