Thursday, November 01, 2007

Off to Saudi Dryland again...

for another two weeks. I leave tonight at 22h30 local time, flying Emirates Air as usual. Getting into Dubai at 08h30 (local time), I'm no doubt going to be knackered as I don't sleep well on 'planes. Ah well, at least I have a hotel room in Dubai (compliments of Emirates) that I'll be using to grab a few hours of catch-up sleep in. Such is the price I have to pay in being on the Global Team.

Even my hotel in Riyadh is not the usual. There's a big oil conference on at the same time as my visit and thousands of people have had their hotel reservations cancelled by the various chains, regardless of frequent visitor status, just so that all the oil barons can get a decent place to stay. Pain in the fuckin' arse, is what it is. I was supposed to be booked in at the new Holiday Inn (usually I stay in the Intercontinental) but even that's now been comandeered by the rich folk and their entourages...bastards. Now I'm stuck in a pokey little unknown place, probably cockroach-ridden, for the duration of my stay. Thank fuck this should be my last visit there for a couple of months, due to the upcoming holiday period and the time it takes to get things done over there.

Anyway...I'll try and stay in touch. Take care y'all...

2 comments:

A 2 Z said...

If you bump into one of these oil barons can you please ask them to keep their prices down. ? LOL

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

Have a safe trip, enjoy the "drying out" period, we'll have some ice cold beers on you....
Salagatle!