Thursday, June 23, 2005

Winter in South Africa and Rosslyn Chapel

Winter has finally arrived here. It's cold (about 13deg C), windy, cloudy and looks like it might rain sometime soon. Sounds like Edinburgh on a nice summer day ;-) Today actually reminds me of my recent visit to Edinburgh, when Cuzzin Ross, his Dad and I went to have a look at Rosslyn Chapel just outside the city limits. It was supposed to be summer, but it was 11deg according to the car computer and there was an icy wind blowing at the time. Gave an eerie feeling to the old chapel... If you're ever in Edinburgh, go and have a look around the chapel...it's quite an amazing structure, coming apart at the seams these days, but work is in progress to restore it. I first heard of it when I was doing some reading on the Freemasons (no, I'm not one, as I am an agnostic and you at least have to believe in a "superior being") and found that the chapel is steeped in Masonic lore and mystery...well worth the visit... I've downloaded some pictures to the Flickr.com website if anyone's interested... External views of the Chapel showing the roof and protective structure Intricate carvings on the ceiling structures The Apprentice Pillar inside the Chapel (Freemason's will know about it) One of the many stained glass windows

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey cuzz,
lovin' the blog. I am reading it faithfully.
To post pics go to www.flickr.com and set up an account. Piece of piss. Anything I may be of help with just let me know.