Monday, June 27, 2005

A moment of introspection...

has made me wonder why my blogs, for the most part, seem to be politically inspired. Is it because I'm as fed up with politics and politicians as the next person? Probably. Is it because South African politics and politicians (or most around the world, for that matter) can't deliver on their promises to make things better for their people? Probably that too. Of all the reasons I can think of for my inspiration though, the one that probably gets my back up most is that DIPLOMACY SUCKS!! It's time that people were alowed to tell political leaders, in a public forum, that they are fucking things up for the rest of us. It's time that the politicians started listening to the real political commentators (and no, I don't include myself in that list) and were held acocuntable for their actions or inactions, as the case may be. It's time for "world government". There should be an international law that, as soon as a new president is elected in any country in the world, he becomes accountable to. The law should make him prosecutable for crimes against humanity, so long as there is proof of his actions. God knows, we'd have enough evidence to put George W, Tony B, Bob Mugabe and countless others away for ten lifetimes each...

No comments: