Thursday, April 30, 2020

Someone pass the Vaseline, please...

...I think I've been bum-rushed. In fact, I think the entire planet has been fucked over.

Yes, it's another Covid-19 posting, but I am quite fuckin angry and need to vent.

/Rant ON

I have been stuck in the house for the past five weeks, believing (like many others) that I was doing my part to prevent the spread of a deadly virus. True, the virus has been deadly to many people, for many different reasons which I am not going into.

Having had just about enough of the sight of the inside of our house, I arranged with a friend to meet at a clandestine spot so that I could pass him some home-brewing kit (fermenter, bubbler, tube, iodiphor, rubber bung) that he is going to use to brew some pineapple beer (all the rage at the moment, thanks to the lockdown).

I left the garage feeling like a naughty child, wondering whether I was going to get stopped by the cops and fined or arrested for breaking the law. I had even put on jeans and a nice shirt, thinking I might tell them I was on my way to a job interview.

I needn't have bothered.

I was astounded at the number of people out on the roads, either walking, cycling or driving. Granted, most of the people we saw in the mall we met in were wearing cloth face masks, but for the most part of the people outside of the mall there wasn't a mask or pair of surgical gloves to be seen, which got me to thinking that we have been taken for a giant fuckin ride.

I have come to the conclusion that the need for the declaration of the pandemic, and the subsequent lockdown, have all been for fuckall. I DON'T BELIEVE IT ANYMORE!!!!

I now want to know the whole gamut of answers, the who, why, when, where and WTF of Covid. And I think the global population needs answers from our politicians and business leaders, who stand most to gain from it all.

Until then, fuck your lockdown.

/Rant OFF

2 comments: