Saturday, May 02, 2020

Finding something to do during lockdown...

...can be like looking for a needle in a bunch of needles.

There is always something to do, but it comes down to whether you want to do it or not at the time. There is always tomorrow. We will still be on lockdown. Except between 6am and 9am for exercise, during which time I am usually in bed, reading, with a cup of coffee and a biscuit.

So each day tends to blend into the next, some being a little more productive than the others, some less so.

For the last couple of days, because I have a "mix tape" of music (okay, a "mix-SD card") in the cars, in which some of the tracks have volume issues and are too soft for my liking, I have been messing about with a downloadable application called WaveEditor. I suspect I, some time ago, inadvertently levelled and lowered the volume of a bunch of my music collection tracks before I knew what levelling was. Lesson learned. The hard way.

Anyway, WaveEditor allows me to manually boost the volume levels on a per-track basis, so I have been going through all 400-something tracks on the SD card checking which need to be changed or not. Anyone for something tedious to do? I didn't think so.

But it had to be done, so I did it. And later I will find another needle to remove from the needle stack.

Stay healthy, y'all...

No comments: