Monday, November 10, 2008

Spot the Difference...

Before...
After...

It took me all of ten minutes in the local licencing office to change registration numbers. In Shit Towne, it would have taken all morning.

What is even more amazing is the willingness to help and manners the local government employees have. They don't have the negative "fuck you" attitude of the Joburg government employees and here they actually like their jobs. Maybe they just know that their customers are actually keeping them in those jobs.

The guy in the licencing office gave me the form to fill in, marking which sections I had to complete and, even when I'd missed a piece, he asked me for the old licence form and completed the form for me!!!!!!!! Unheard of in Shit Towne.

At the Telkom office, I was shown the same courtesy. Given a form showing what details were needed, called "sir" or "Mr DMDad" whenever I was spoken to, I was astounded by the manners and even commented on it to the branch manager. Telkom are so jacked up down here that they had our ADSL line installed this morning, on time and as arranged, by another friendly person calling me "sir".

In general, the people are 1,000,000,000 times more friendly than any of the government or municipal workers you come across in Shit Towne. The people in the street don't know you from a bar of soap and yet they call each other "sir" or "madam", they say hello to each other (with a smile, not a grimace) and actually mean it if they ask you to have a nice day...

Does anyone still doubt whether coming to the Cape was a good move??? I certainly don't...

2 comments:

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

Bottom pic showing more rust than the GP model....
Salagatle!

Bruthafromanothamutha said...

and long may it continue bru!