Monday, February 06, 2006

Pride comes in various forms...

like, for instance, in the way the Scotland rugby team gave the French a lesson in their own way of playing the great game. Read about it here... I swear, you could have heard me a mile away when the final whistle went...at my shout of joy the dogs went moggy, running around as if someone was trying to break into the house, the birds in the trees outside flew off en masse like the cat was stalking them, and even Steph came in from the garden, gloves covered in dirt, wondering if I'd fallen off the couch and broken my leg. What was broken, however, was the French spirit at the 20-16 result. It's also the first time I've seen us beat someone while we were playing in the white strip. The moment I saw it at the start of the game, I thought "We're fucked...", but the lads sucked up the first two minutes of pressure, then gave the Frogs 78 minutes of it, Highlander-style. Way tae go, ya fuckin' beauties!!!...

1 comment:

jenny said...

Normally I'm a footie girl but you know we all gotta get behind the nation even if the game involves an odd shaped ball...the fact we were never supposed to have a chance makes it all the better! "Get it right up ye!" as they say!!