Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Aunty P asked how we were doing...

in an email, so I thought I'd give everyone an update (cos you're all special to me.... ;-) We're doing just fine, or as fine as you can be when you're building. Believe me, building is a stressful exercise and should not be undertaken lightly. For instance, to build, you need to: a. Be out of your fucking head; b. Be single, so that you have absolute say over the finishes; c. Be allowed to kill or torture people and animals (errant builders, loved ones, dogs, etc); d. All of the above. Anyway, here's a photographic progression of events... Phase 1 - Foundations






Phase 2 - Walls






Phase 3 - Walls completed - next to cut the dormer window out of the old roof






Phase 4 - Walls AND a new roof!! (believe it or not, the roof tiles are actually the same original colour - grey - it's just the weathering and pollution that have turned them to shite brown)






Aside from that, we are looking forward to our upcoming holiday and I've given the builder the two weeks or so between now and then to finish and get the hell out of my life. I'll keep you all posted...

No comments: