Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Time...

I have so much of it on my hands these days, but it is getting ahead of me physically.

For the first time, I am starting to feel my age. Being at home, I am working in the garden, also busy slowly renovating the house filling in cracks, scraping open and cementing bigger faults in the plaster, then preparing and painting walls.

At the end of a day, I am properly knackered. And the following morning, I usually feel like a train has hit me from behind. My hamstrings are tight, my calves ache and my feet feel like I am walking on rough stones. It takes me about ten minutes to get over the morning-aches, as I call them.

So, things have to change.

A friend of ours recently returned from a six-week shag-athon with her boyfriend in Joburg (what else are new lovers going to do during lockdown?) and while she was there was introduced to cycling and mountain bikes. As a result, with her not having the boyfriend at hand at home, she has had to find a new way to expend the energy and she has bought her own bike.

Now, three times a week we are cycling for forty-five minutes or so, to Noordhoek Beach and back. It is a distance of about 11.8km. Not much, but it is a start.

Hopefully, it will bring the body back into shape a bit and delay the aches and pains a bit longer...

Lockdown Day Log # 54. Fuck this.

1 comment:

Euroafrican said...

too busy cycling to post anything?