Thursday, March 03, 2011

It's F..F..F..Fursday...

...and almost the weekend, which, as you all know by now, is Friday and Saturday over here.

I am waiting to hear from that friend-of-a-friend if I will be going fishing on one of the weekend days. He let me know yesterday that they had been having problems with the motors on one of their boats, but was still exploring possibilities open.
So...hold thumbs on that one...

Failing that, there will be some other tourist stuff I can do over the days off.


I can go and visit the Sheikh Zayed Mosque (3rd largest in the world), Port Zayed, any of the numerous malls (although they are nothing as elaborate as Dubai's malls, I am told), the Bateen Shipyard where traditional dhows are still built by hand, the Heritage Village which shows traditional Bedouin lifestyle in past ages, the Al Ain National Museum (where I can pick up more "dust collectors" as SWMBO puts it), then there's always Yas Island (home of the world famous Ferrari World theme park - though I doubt I'll go there with its price tag of AED225 or ZAR450)...we'll see.


The weekend is my oyster...


1 comment:

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

Ferrari world, get the client to pay for it - Tell him it's for protection money!
Salagatle!