Monday, January 26, 2009

Lunar Eclipse - Monday 26th Jan 2009

I was looking forward to this morning's eclipse, even if it was a partial covering.

Unfortunately, some clouds decided to make an appearance, just as the covering was coming to its best.

I grabbed the welders helmet and peered through just to make sure the glass would shield my eyes enough, and then set the camera to various settings to see what photos I could get. After a number of failed shots, these two were the best, then the clouds came and covered the whole sky and that was the end of it.


3 comments:

A 2 Z said...

How come your moon is green? :)

On a serious note I always get misty eyed when I gaze at the moon always wondering who else in the multiverse is watching it too. Mostly I think of the underpriviliged such as people living in the slums of India and certain parts of Africa, etc. knowing full well that it is daylight in these countries. I just hope its warmer than here (minus 20 these days). I'm running to Europe and back to Qatar in 10 days for a month. Hopefully when I return it will be a bit warmer...

Divemaster GranDad said...

A2Z....cos the moon is made of green cheese. Didn't your momma explain that to you when you were a kid? :-)

I always enjoy the moon, but especially here on the coast where the humidity makes it look larger than inland.

The weather here in Cape Town is a gloriously sunny 25degC, wind's a bit strong, but I'm not complaining. We had a fantastic weekend last week, not a breeze for the whole two days, the first time since we moved down in October 2008.

Enjoy your travels...the middle east is a nice temperature these days. To the locals there, 20degC is cold...go figure... :-)

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

MOON??? Thats the sun dammit. It was a solar eclipse - not lunar! Or at least that'sd what I thought. But then my mind is poisoned by the inland air and stuff.....
So, with regards to the pic - looks to me like a coalminer who didn't wear his goggles, and decided to smile .....
Salagatle!

PS Nice pics.
WV - dialiti