Wednesday, January 14, 2009

And now it's my turn to get a scammer emailing me...

The other day Wreckless had some stupid fuckwit send him a scam email telling him he had been given a large sum of money. I got one this morning, from a different scammer...still as stupid as the rest of them, but different anyhow. The underlying is quoted as received...


Greatings to you,
On behalf of the St.Mary's Foundation I wish to notify you as a beneficiary of £2.5m GBP in celebration of our 40th years of excellent and fullfilling services to humanity. Do contact Western Union Money Transfer, United Kingdom Branch for verification and release of your Western Union Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) for the first £5,000 GBP that has been payed and avaliable for pick up.
Name:
Address:
Occupation:
Country:
Email:
Telephone:
You can contact our customer service with the following information:

Mr.James Formby
westenunion_costomerservice@live.com
Regional Co-ordinator
Western Unioun
United Kingdom.


The return email address is in Italy ("Carlo Colarusso" c.colarusso@enac.rupa.it) and it looks like it may be a university.

If my name was George W Bush, I might consider answering the email, but fuckit, I'm not that thick and I just don't have the time...

2 comments:

bu said...

Hi there, I found your page when looking up the same email address that sent you the scam email.

Heres mine...

This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Great Britain Pounds (GBP 250,000) for 2009 Prize promotion which is organized by YAHOO AWARDS & HOTMAIL/WINDOWS LIVE.You are requested to contact Mail:ukcoordinator2009@hotmail.com
To file claims, Details Required for Verification:
1. Full Name
2. Address
3. Country
4. Age
5. Gender
6. Direct Tel
To The Reference Agent Mr Paul Williams (Reference Officer)
E-mail:ukcoordinator2009@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I got the same email as 'bu' did, in the UK on Mon 26 Jan 09.