Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Our new lodger...part 2...

has flown the nest...literally...

Aside from noticing that mommy-dove had not been around to feed the lodger in the last couple of days, we have had some storm-strength winds recently, and I found he/she/it sitting on the little wall directly below the nest. Whether it had been blown out of the nest, I'm not sure, but that is likely.

I approached it to see if there was any damage and it flew into the middle of the garden. Again, I approached to see if I could pick the lodger up to put it back in the nest, but the dove then flew over the property wall and we have not seen it since. The dove's wings were well developed and most of the juvenile feathers had been shed, so I'm hoping he/she/it will be okay...

Good luck, little dove...

2 comments:

Fishman said...

CATFOOD!!!

WF= ankerstr, somewhere in CT!

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

a month in CT and u talking to birdies - oh boy..
Salagatle!
WF - sardessi