Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Another Year goes by...

for my baby...

Yesterday, the 7th July, was my daughter's 22nd birthday. Hard to believe that time has flown so quickly, but I can still remember the first time I saw her, about 30mins after her actual birth.

Tamlyn Christine Douglas was born at 07h54am, in Parklands Clinic, Durban, South Africa. She was born by Caesarian Section as her mother's pelvis was deemed too small for natural birth by her Gynae.

I knew straight away that she would be a handful, judging by the determined expression on her chubby face and the two hands that stuck out from the green towel she was wrapped in, both fists in the classic "zap" fashion (thumb sticking out between fore- and middle fingers), as if to say to the world, "Right fuckers, I'm here, start shitting yourselves".

I even remember the soft, velvet, touch of her skin. There's no other feeling like a new-born's skin texture.

Anyway...on Tamlyn's blog, you will note that her boyfriend (nice guy), Scott, took her to the Edinburgh Zoo for the day, and judging by the photos, they had a great time.

Again, darlin', Happy Birthday, and I know there's going to be many more...

Semper Amor.
Dad
xoxo


And before the rest of you start saying I don't look old enough to have a 22yr old child....hey, I'm actually 74 and look fuckin' good for my age :-)

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Aw thank you Dad!xx

Bruthafromanothamutha said...

Tamlyn - many Happy returns

Steve - 74 - damn you look hot!

Tammy said...

Thanks Brutha!

Fishman said...

And I always thought you are at 84! Grats Tamlyn...