Monday, January 07, 2008

Fishman phoned me on Saturday afternoon...

to brag about having serviced and packed all his fishing gear for the upcoming Kosi Bay trip, but guess what? I'd been out shopping that morning, bought the tackle to replenish my stock, cleaned all the gear and packed it in the study waiting to be put into the bakkie as well. All the rock and surf stuff, as well as the dropshot rods and reels are ready to go and land some big'uns. Hell, if we're lucky, we may land more than we did last year, which was......well...fuckall.

I even had the time to make (yes, I sewed them on Steph's machine as well) four little denim cloth bags for my saltwater reels as I don't want them getting bashed about in my tackle bag. I even made the bags with drawstrings so that I can hang them on the reels while the line is in the water so that the salt spray does not cover the reels. Salt water is, as you may know, acidic, and can cause some nasty markings on equipment and machinery. When you pay ZAR2,000 for a fishing reel you make sure you look after it. Now I won't even have to wash them at the end of the day.

Now all I need to do is buy some booze and put together the bits and pieces for camping and I'm ready to go. And, as Fishman put it, all we need is for someone to make the next week go away so that we can go fishing...

2 comments:

Fishman said...

And I am still going to outcast him with my old jigmaster!

Divemaster GranDad said...

Fishman...you and your overwind... :-)