Tuesday, January 03, 2006

LMAO? LOL! WTF?

We live in a world of TLA's (three letter acronyms) and FLA's (four letter acronyms), and even more FLA's (five letter acronyms). Hell, I even work for a TLA - IBM. Here, we have our own version of some TLA's and even have some SLA's...no, not six letter acronyms, rather Service Level Agreements. Confused? I bet you are in some cases, cos I know I am... I can be in a meeting at work and someone will mention an acronym, whereby I'll make the assumption that he/she means TLA(1), when in actual fact, they mean TLA(2). Even though they have the same abbreviation, they mean two totally different things and can confuse the hell out of a conversation. As intelligent people, I'm sure you can imagine... So here's a short list of some popular TLA's and FLA's with their descriptions, the recognised version and my own: Acronym Official Description (My Description) FLAB       Four Letter ABbreviation (Fat on a woman's arse) FYI           For Your Information (Listen up, asshole) FAO         Dunno (Fuck Away Off) GETIFUYABASA     (Ask Billy Connoly - self-explanatory, I thought) IE             Internet Explorer (Internet Exploiter) IOW        In Other Words (What didn't you get the first time, asshole?) IMHO     In My Honest Opinion (Would you buy a used car from this person?) IBM         International Business Machines (I've Been Moved, or, Install Bloody Memory) JD            Job Description (Jack Daniel's) LMAO     Laughing My Ass Off (Lick My Ass Oswald - something Drew Carey might say) LOL         Laughing Out Loud (Lots of Love, as my mum would say) OFFS       Dunno (Oh, For Fuck Sake!) OMG       Oh, my God! (Orchestral Manouevres in the Groin) ROE        Rules Of Engagement (Fish eggs) ROTFL    Rolling On The Floor Laughing (ROTi For Life) TIMS       Tactical Internet Management System (Something that belongs to Tim) WTF        What The Fuck? (What The Fuck?) WTG        Way To Go! (Nice one, dickhead!) And, I'm sure, you have your own list of favourites...send me some...

2 comments:

jenny said...

Ok here's a few I've had or use myself...

FTLOG - For The Love Of God!

FDD - Falling Down Drunk

NSS - No Shit Sherlock

YCMU - You Crack Me Up

UYI - Use Your Imagination

DILB - Do I Look Bothered?

HAND - Have A Nice Day

HAGO - Have A Good One

DMAF - Do Me A Favour

SOHL - Sound Of Hysterical Laughter

PMS - Phone Me Soon

YHAL - You're Having A Laugh!

GFY - Go Fuck Yourself

So there you have it...well you did ask!

jenny said...

Right...I realise we're all a bit pissed off what with it being January and all but can we please get writing??? I'm in need of a fix...and that goes for you to Goddess!!