Friday, September 30, 2005

There actually was a real CNUT...

and it turns out he was an English king, reigning between 1017 and 1035. A number of you may know that my Cuzzin Ross has a blogspot called CNUT. I was always under the impression that it was a play on another word, spelled with the same letters (go figure it out for yourselves) in the same vein as FCUK is used in the fashion world. Turns out, the real Cnut was a "colorful" character himself... On my browser, I inadvertently typed in CNUT and hit enter without selecting the rest of the expected URL and was surprised to see the response...try it, it'll probably link you to the same text I found...otherwise click on the "English King" URL above...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The more common spelling was Canute.

And I promise you it wasn't me. I have an alibi for those years. Honest.

Divemaster GranDad said...

Hey there guys...I knew of the original Canute, but this is the first spelling I've seen of it in this way.

...Although Lee's probably not too far off in the present-day version... ;-)

jenny said...

I thought cnut was simply Rosco re-arranging the word I thought best described him!:)

Divemaster GranDad said...

I bet Cuzzin Ross isn't laughing......not as much as we are anyway... :-o