Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I'm a Lumberjack and I'm okay...

but that's as close as I get to the contents of Monty Python's famous song. I had to cut down a couple of trees at the weekend, as we'll be building a new lounge out the back of the house (basically straight out into the garden from the French doors) in a couple of weeks time. Now I understand just how fit the professional lumberjacks are...on Monday morning I could hardly move. Everything hurt...my hands were raw, my back felt like I'd slipped a disc, and my arms and legs were covered in scratches from branches. The two BIG trees next to the house are the ones I took out...a pity they had to go but they were pests and the roots would interfere with the new foundations. I estimate they were about 31yrs old, each, going by the number of rings I could count on the bases.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm still of the opinion that you should have used the bases of the trees to prop up a bar.

Divemaster GranDad said...

If I could have, I would have....trouble is, they are outside the new walls that will be built. There will most definately, however, be a bar built in the new lounge...

jenny said...

Did someone say bar? Bar's need barstaff no matter what the size or location! Funnily enough I happen to know a fairly good barman and an exceptionally good barmaid...just give me a shout! By the way the house looks great!

Divemaster GranDad said...

Thanks Jenny...one day when I win the lottery, I'll be looking for staff and will keep you two in mind...until then, the barman will drink most of the stock himself ;-)