Monday, September 19, 2011

A Gift in the Post...

I had an idea what the Post Office parcel notification was for, but wasn't sure, as it also could have been a speeding fine I think I may have committed a couple of weeks ago.

Thankfully, it was not a fine.

It was, in fact, the gift that the Daft Scots Lass (ADSL) sent me for winning her Caption My Photo competition recently.

How kewl is this? ADSL sends everyone, who wins her weekly competition, a "wee gift" as a prize. But, to top it all, in my case she also sent me a couple of fridge magnets that I can use to put up photos of my granddaughter, born recently, and a personalised note, "Fir Yer Wee Bairn".

In addition to the fridge magnets, there's also a pocket knife thingy which will be handy in the car (or when I try and break out of a wooden prison someday - that saw adapter on the tool is fuckin' sharp), a book which looks like it could be a good read, and a handwritten note in a card (not too often these days that someone sends a greeting card with a handwritten note in it).Very kewl...




Paper-clipped to the card were a couple of ADSL's unique peel-and-stick tattoos. Sometimes, folks stick them somewhere and send ADSL a photo of the tattoo, some in unusual places.

I thought that, to contribute my little bit of "unusual", I would do something a little different (perhaps ADSL has had one sent to her like this before, I don't know) and this is what I will email her shortly...I think the humour is right up her alley (or, case in point, right next to mine)...



ADSL, thanks for the gifts...they are much appreciated.

3 comments:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

My pleasure and thanx for the daft picture, Grandpaw!

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

U r related - according to the rules, no family members may enter... WTH???
Enjoy -
Salagatle!

A Daft Scots Lass said...

DNGD is not nearly dysfunctional enough to be in my family!