Friday, April 30, 2010

Gone for the Holidays

I would love to say "Gone Fishing for 3 Weeks" but we're in fact going off to the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park for about 10 days, starting on Monday. This is going to be our first decent holiday since moving to the Cape almost 18months ago (can't believe time has gone by so quickly).

Our trip includes a couple of loops into the Botswana side of the park, areas which have almost no infrastructure, so we'll be shitting in holes and showering from a plastic bag with holes in it for those parts of the trip. It should be interesting to say the least.

I've kitted out the bakkie with a second battery system, bought a new camping fridge/freezer, tent, and a whole bunch of other camping accessories.

As a result of the trip, I'll be posting even less than I have been for a while. I'll try and take a journal on the trip, though, so that I can bore the pants off you all again.

I'll be taking two cameras and a DVD camera as well, so lookout for the story and pics sometime into the future.



While I'm gone, take care, y'all...xx

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Have fun! take lots of pics too! Love you lots xoxox

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

eish, and we have to stay here....
Salagatle! Have fun

A 2 Z said...

Looking forward to your return. Hope you share some pics!

Anne-Marie