Wednesday, March 04, 2009

A Sports Star in the Making...

is "Sat Nav Tonetti", the son of a friend of mine (and my sister's best friend) from schooldays. I remember Kyle as a snotty little boy, but he's growing up to be quite the heart throb by the looks of his photo on the blog site linked below.

Kyle has shown promise at various sports, with cricket and rugby his favourites, and he has now been chosen to represent Ireland at the Dubai Rugby Sevens World Cup, which starts on Thursday.

Apparently Kyle has a poor sense of direction, from which the team gave him his nickname.

I saw Kyle play cricket a couple of years ago when I visited Ireland and I'm led to believe he will represent them at international level there one day too.

In the meantime, rugby is in season in the northern hemisphere and again, Kyle has been tipped to represent Ireland at the fifteen-man verison of the game too, I suppose depending on how he fares at the sevens game. I seem to recall he plays at fly-half, but he will battle to get a place in the full team seeing as the current team is playing so well.

The Irish team has set up a blog for the sevens tournament, and if you're so inclined, you can follow it here. I know I'll be watching the games if I'm working from home, and I'll be rooting for Kyle and the Irish lads unless, of course, they play against Scotland or Souf Efrica.

Good luck, the Oirish...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

..bloody great stuff, well done to Kyle..and he looks mighty fine too..!
(-;

Tammy said...

The team won their first game 24-21 against Australia today if you haven't seen the score already x

Anonymous said...

I love kyle tonetti he revs my engine!hes quite handy at the 15 man game!He plays in rock with me and iv fancied him for ages but dunno how to tell him any advice?

Divemaster GranDad said...

Anonymous...you say he "plays in rock" with you...I'm assuming that you mean Blackrock club? If so, would that mean you are a guy too, seeing as you play rugby?

Explain a little more to me before I make anymore comments... :-)