Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Little ducks and skidmarks...

On Cuzzin Ross' blog is a posting about what some of his side of the Douglas family look like in various outfits. His Momma, my Aunty P, has threatened to post a photo of said Cuzzin in his youth in a "lovely little blue suit with ducks on it". I thought I'd add to the interest by posting a photo, for the ladies, of him on his holiday in Africa last year (fuckin' hell, it's a year ago already)... It was a balmy Mozambiquan evening and we'd all gone for a wander along the beach. Ross decided he was going for a swim... Enjoy girls...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Even though the rum had hit me quite hard that night, (I distinctly remember you making a comment about it.) I thought at the time that this picture would, one day, come back to bite me on the arse.

Fond memories though.

Once again I think I should thank you for the gifts of humility, humidity and hubris. Via con Dios mi amigo, mi casa su casa.

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

And my mental picture of this young Scottish renegade, a man who made his own (acceptable) rules, who defied all government control, who writes like a demi-god, who is in control of all he surveys.... this picture is now forever relegated to the trashbin. I now have a mental picture of an overweight, rum besotted skirt wearing Scot, doing the "pose" on a forsaken Mozamibique beach....
Ahh well.....

Salagatle!

Stuart Douglas said...

My eyes! My eyes!

Steven - that's just not what I want to see first thing on a Wednesday morning...

Divemaster GranDad said...

Sorry, Cuzz... I thought you needed a bit of help with your love life. This photo will either fix it up, or alternatively, fuck it up forever... :-)

Fond memories (of Mozambique), to be sure...any time you want to come back, you know you're welcome...

jenny said...

All I can think when I see this photo is...doesn't it make Ross look tall?

Bizarre because he's not.

Divemaster GranDad said...

A veritable giant, Jen...