Tuesday, August 02, 2011

For want of something easy to post...

...some random photos from my camera phone...

I plugged my phone into my laptop to charge via the USB port and came across some old images I took some time ago. Perhaps you'll like them...


Sunset on Noordhoek Beach - 5mins roadtrip from the house.


Another view...looking north towards Hout Bay.


The view from our city office. It's the only thing we'll miss about the place when we move buildings towards the end of the year.


This bastard was trying to steal our baits and fish as we reeled them in.


This bastard obviously doesn't know how to treat a fish when he's caught it. Hanging it by the throat is NOT the way to do it. Incidentally, it's Bobby Skinstad. I took the pic straight off the telly.


I found this spoor when we were out in Clanwilliam in April, not far from the cottage we were staying in. The phone pouch measures 12x7cm, so it's probably a lynx spoor (rooikat in Afrikaans).


I wonder if the unfortunate surfer ever claimed his board back? I wonder if the surfer even made it back to the beach? Just about pissed myself laughing at the notice though...


The first course of my dinner one night, in Abu Dhabi. You'll find more about the trip in one of my older posts. The chilli sauce with these kebabs had me sweating and my nose running to the extent that the waitress asked if I needed more serviettes to blow my nose into...cheeky bitch.


This ornately handcarved elephant was located at the entrance to the restaurant in the Abu Dhabi hotel I stayed in. If I could have, I would have brought it home in my sutcase.

1 comment:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Brilliant shots. Especially the Longboard one.