Monday, June 01, 2009

DMDad has gone AWOL...

or at least, that's what the world thinks. And I have to apologise to everyone for it, as I just haven't had the time (or inclination) to post anything lately.

Life in Cape Town, though busy at work, is good. There is plenty to do at weekends, where mostly I go fishing on one of the two days off. We're coming into winter now, which is the rainy season down here and we've already had our first big winter storm. The forecasters had us pegged for a storm which would last the whole of last weekend, with winds up to 80km/h predicted, but it only lasted the Saturday and caused massive swells on the Atlantic side. The False Bay side, however, seeing as the wind there was offshore, was as flat as a pond.

Today it is raining again, which started early last week.

At the moment, I'm busy preparing a posting regarding the beaching of 56 False Killer Whales off Kommetjie beach, where I am a volunteer NSRI member. In the end, it was not a pretty sight, but you'll see why later. In the meantime, if you like, go to YouTube and do a search on "Kommetjie Pilot Whale Beaching" and you'll find a half dozen videos (one of which I wish I could catch the little cunt who posted it, who is nothing more than an eco-terrorist - look out for the video by JacksonFilm.co.za and you'll see what I mean).

Take care, y'all...

No comments: