Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Definately not a Fishy Story...

I was working in my study today, with the TV monitor on as usual, and there was a program on NatGeo Wild channel called Megafish. This episode showed the world's largest freshwater catfish and stingray, both in Vietnam.

I only managed to take photos of the catfish and, as you can see, replication from TV to phone camera (I got a new Blackberry Pearl 8110 - 5 megapixel camera) is not that good.

I think you still get a good idea of how fuckin' big this thing is though. It is EIGHT FEET in length, and an estimated 200kg!!!!!!!!!




The story also said that the stingray measured 7.2m from the top of the head to the tip of the tail, and weighed in at over 500kg!!!!!!!!!

Kosi Fishing Team....I'll try and find out how much it'll cost us for a fishing trip out that way. For that size fish, fuck Namibia...

3 comments:

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

I'm in - will fish with handgrenades though - no time for fucking around with rods and stuff there!!!
Salagatle!

Fishman said...

This story smells fishy. The quality of pics is in the same class as with UFOs. Are you sure they exist?

A 2 Z said...

You should have some music playing along similar to the Jaws movie: Ta Da Ta Da Tadatadatada...LOL