Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Welcome home dear, now go back...

and get my fishing rods...

I get a phone call from Steph to say she's outside the gate (I had all the keys and remotes) and I go out to welcome her. It's good to see her home again...until...

I open the back of the bakkie to help her unpack the car and the first thing I notice is that my fly rod tubes are not visible. Thinking they are on the back seat, I look inside the car only to be disappointed there too.

I know they're not hidden under things as they are about six feet long and would have had to be put sideways on top of the rest of the luggage to fit in the car.

It turns out Steph and her aunt had left the tubes outside the car expressly to put them on top of the luggage so that they didn't get crushed and ended up leaving them lying on the grass next to the car. How either of them didn't see the tubes before driving away is beyond me.

Now Fishman is talking about a trout weekend up in Sabie in the next few weeks and I've got to get my rods back before I can go. Luckily, Stan and Jackie go up to Dullies every second weekend or so and Millstream have agreed to drop the rods off at their house for us...

4 comments:

Fishman said...

Forgot them???? I have my doubts on that! If Steph is anything like my missus and fishing she would have given them away to somebody!

Meerkat said...

Steven for your sake I hoping thats Fishman is not onto something here

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

Oh for fuck sake! I cannot blv it. And they want to know why we wont let them run the country, and keep them from reaching the top of most companies! For heavens sake, its a fucking fishing destination, how do you ....
Well, I hope for your sake they haven't taken a short cut to a local pawn shop...
Bliksem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Salagatle!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha....you don't even seem that pissed off about it!
Just hope you get the rods back okay!