Monday, October 02, 2006

For Want of a More Challenging Fishing Experience...

I've decided that, unless we got to a trout resort, or Steph needs a few trout for the freezer, from now on I'm going to target one of South Africa's best fighting fresh water fish, the Yellowfish. I'm a member of a forum, Fly Talk which, though based in SA, gets subscribers from all over the world and where one can exchange all sorts of information fishing related. On the forum, I posted a brief note asking the members where their favourite sites on the Vaal River would be to catch these sought-after fish (which are taken on Catch And Release only), from which I was referred to another bloggers site, Yellows On Fly. It's an interesting site, full of valuable information and maintained by Keith Wallington who is obviously more of a fanatic about catching "Yellows" than I am (for the moment anyway, or at least until I catch my first lunker). I'll add the link to my list down the side for anyone who cares to pop in there now and then...

1 comment:

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

Based on my experiance, yellow flying beats trout flying any day of the week....
Salagatle!