Wednesday, November 23, 2005

What would you do if you had the means...

to give everyone one wish? I was reading through some of my regular blogger's pages and there's a common theme to them (for some strange reason or other). Every one of them either has, or wants to, travel. That would be my gift to everyone who has the desire to see somewhere different than the four walls in which they live. Think carefully about it, pick a spot in the world you would like to see, here you go, here's your ticket to ________. I've had the privilege to travel quite widely, most of which has been done within the boundaries of South Africa (in fact, I've seen more of SA than most locals have..top to bottom and left to right, right around the coastline). I've also been to Dallas and Florida in the States, twice seen the southern part of Ireland from Dublin to the West Coast (fantastic), Zurich and the Alps in Switzerland, Canterbury in England, my home country Scotland (small enough to travel around it in one day, which we did...Edinburgh to Inverness, down past Oban and Sterling to Glenrothes and back to Edinburgh in 16hrs), Lagos in Nigeria (way different to anywhere else you might go), Mozambique from the southern SA border up to Inhambane (500km north of Maputo - wonderful beaches), and Dar es Salaam in Tanzania (arse-end of the world, that was). My greatest trip, however, and I have mentioned it before, was sailing from Durban to Zanzibar, for which I still need to blog the diary, as promised. I'll get round to it one day. So...in the words of {nnggggggg} Microsoft, "Where do you want to go today?"

No comments: